Camping is a once per month activity that occurs October thru May. No prior camping experience is needed. You will be placed in a group (Tribe) and meals and other activities will be performed together. These are memories your child will remember for the rest of their life!
This Compass is used as a tool to navigate the journey
- The Family is TRUE North – The Focal point of the program
- Nature and the camping experience are an integral part of the program
- The Spirit of the program is experienced through belonging to a small community
- Fun is the magic of the program
- The YMCA core values provide direction as parents guide children on their journey
This is not Family Camping. This is one parent and child / children. The focus is on the child and strengthening the bond between parent and child
Objective of the Y Adventure Guides – Myakka Nation – Bradenton Fl
The YMCA believes that the Y Adventure Guide Program fosters understanding and companionship while strengthening the relationship between parent and child:
• Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
• Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
• Expand awareness of body, mind, and spirit.
• Provide the framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive and quality time together for adults and children.
• Enhance the quality of family time.
• Emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children.
• Offer an important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
• Opportunity to meet with other families with children the same age.
Ready to join? Visit the Lakewood Ranch YMCA to sign up or use the link to the right. Or for more information email email@example.com